Friday, October 05, 2012

The Longest Week

I never thought I would make it to the weekend. What a terrible week.

Sunday night was absolutely horrible. Hearing that our friend Cindy took her own life was almost beyond belief. Cindy was one of my wife's best friends. My wife is heartbroken. It was a night of little and uneven sleep.

Unfortunately, Monday was one of those days that could just not be taken off. My school had been working on its accreditation report and site visit for five years, and Monday was the first day of the big 2 1/2 day visit. I had to sit through several meetings and  sessions. I also had some fires to put out at work and had some other trying management situations. It was the longest day I can remember in a long time.

The crappy week continued as I found out that a special friend had to deal with a nasty situation as his wife and daughter were involved in an accident. The wife received some pretty severe injuries but fortunately has been released from the hospital and hopefully is on her way to a successful recovery. It hurts when friends hurt.

Finally, blogger friend Gary -- The Crafty Southpaw -- had a stroke. Very Josie has more details and updates. People who have read Gray's blog and/or communicated with him one way or another know that he is a great guy. It is uncertain how difficult the road back will be for Gary, as best I understand. Please send prayers, good karma, and loving vibes to help him through this.

So shit -- this was The Week That Was. Good riddance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Good riddance is right!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

There's bad and there's REAL bad.

9:47 AM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

i'm glad the week is over for you

12:18 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Things are looking better on this side of the week. Glimmers of hope.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home