Friday, December 28, 2012

lightning 36's List of All Time Favorite Songs: #2

Almost like having a mid-life crisis, the song that had been my favorite for years and years was replaced over ten years ago. It is a song I loved ever since I was a young lad.

The group The Left Banke was credited with introducing a new style of music -- "baroque rock" into the 1960's. The idea of including lush string arrangements into pop songs was quite unique, and it gained the group some attention.

The song itself is a classic love song -- heavy on longing, pain, drama. As with many songs, it was inspired by a woman. Until I started compiling this list I never searched to find the inspiration for the song. However, I was able to find a picture of the beautiful blonde who generated such heartfelt feelings.




Favorite song #2: Walk Away Renee 


And when I see the sign that points one way
The lot we used to pass by every day

Just walk away, Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
You're not to blame

From deep inside the tears that I'm forced to cry
From deep inside the pain that I chose to hide

Just walk away, Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
Now, as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
For me, it cries

Just walk away, Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
Now, as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
For me, it cries

Your name and mine inside a heart upon a wall
Still finds a way to haunt me though they're so small
Just walk away, Renee

You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
You're not to blame

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Until reading the printed lyrics here, I never knew the second line of the chorus was "you won't see me follow you back home." I've been mumbling that line of the chorus when I sing along to the radio for 40 years. :-)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home