Friday, December 28, 2012

Northern Wisconsin Update

Poker was okay yesterday fun-wise, but being a results oriented person I was disappointed. The absolute worst player at the table busted my pocket Queens when he hit a set of 4's, then proceeded to go on one of the biggest luckfest heaters I have ever seen. He hit every flop and caught every card. He took a lot of money off several players. You could just feel the frustration.

The only other big pocket pair I got was Queens again. However, the woman to my right had Cowboys. Thank goodness the flop had an Ace or I might have lost much more. As it was, I lost part of a buy-in -- so meh.

If anyone has ever thought about playing at St Croix - Turtle Lake, I would recommend you try it out. The room has ten tables, but only two were in use most of the afternoon. The dealers were fine -- very informal, did not make any mistakes that I saw. The tables and chairs are okay -- nothing special. However, some of the real positives of the room are free food (hot dogs, cookies, danish, fruit, soda) and rest rooms right in the poker area.  The room is open Thursday-Sunday and features a few decent looking tournaments.

It is snowing outside and there has been a bit of accumulation on top of the regular base of snow here. I hope to make at least one more trip to St Croix -- mebbe even this afternoon.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Is driving okay where you are with the snow on snow? I'm in Connecticut and it snowed 2 to 4 inches Wednesday and a similar account is expected tomorrow. The main roads are snow-plowed, but subdivisions are dicey. I hope I can make it to the airport on Sunday.

3:06 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Don't you love losing to the worst player when he makes an incredibly bad play and it pans out. You know if you can wait it out you'll get him but all too often either you run out of cash or he gives it all to someone else. Hope you had better luck the second time.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home