Monday, March 11, 2013

Ground Control to Major John



My heart procedure is now more than four full days in the rear view mirror. I was actually pretty scared this time, particularly because of a dream I had about a week ago.

You may be familiar with the early David Bowie classic Space Oddity.


In my dream I was deserted in outer space, knowing that once I was out and away from the space capsule that I would die. However, with few or no real options in my dream, I figured that dying in space would not be the worst way to die. The lack of oxygen would make me unconscious and that would be it. However, much to my horror, once out in space I found that I did not lose consciousness immediately as I had thought. I was horrified to find that I had to deal with knowing that I was going to die and could do nothing about it.

Sheesh. You'd think that maybe I could have a dream with friendly Hooters girls instead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous KenP said...

Golly! That was one nasty dream. Lucky you survived it ... let alone the rest.

Sometime sentience isn't all it is cracked up to be. :)

Note that I won't be asking for a commission based on my sympathetic view.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home