Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Remembering Back to When Online Poker Was King in the USA

I was meandering through my old blog posts tonight when I saw this screenshot that brought a huge smile to my face:


I was shocked to see that it was from just over three years ago. Three years? Dang -- how time flies. I had almost forgotten how life was back then. Reading the narrative from the post entitled

SCOOP, MiniFTOPS, and BBT5 -- Crap, Crap, and a Wiener:
Sunday and the Glamorous Life of a Guy Who Dabbles in Online Poker
I was reminded of how online poker dominated my life on certain days. On that particular Sunday I had already played in a SCOOP (Spring Championship Of Online Poker) tournament on PokerStars and one of the MiniFTOPS tournaments on Full Tilt. The capper was a BBT (Battle of the Blogger Tournaments) 5 freeroll -- netting me a nice score (I chopped with Shabazz Jenkins) and also earning me a seat in the BBT5 final tournament with WSOP seats on the line. As an added bonus, I pwned Very Josie with a set vs. her pocket rockets and infuriated Waffles by sucking out a nut flush vs. his pocket Jacks.

I recently celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary. Lord knows how my wife put up with me with days like that one. A quote from my post that day:

Unfortunately, I was also looking forward to watching game one of the Chicago Blackhawks - San Jose Sharks series and almost forgot that Sunday evening was the Survivor Heroes vs Villains finale. It looked like the day would be totally the laptop, the television, and me. I was depending on Mrs. lightning to keep me fed and keep the world away for the day.

An NHL playoff game, the Survivor three-hour finale, and ten hours in online poker tournaments. That was one hell of a day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

id be totally comfortable going home to KS or elsewhere if pokerstars still was an option. the days of $5 and $10 double up sngs which UP dont offer

12:43 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Nothing sweeter than to top a field of bloggers.

10:55 AM  
Blogger balt999 said...

Even with Ultimatepoker option, I still wish for the days of Pokerstars/Full tilt poker!! Miss it!

10:41 PM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

I miss those days, too. Blogger trnys were the best. I didn't play many, but enjoyed them when I did. Hopefully it will come back one day!

1:57 PM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Hey man how have u been?

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home