Wednesday, August 21, 2013

11 Days and Counting

August is always one of the roughest months of the year at my workplace. Things tail off in September, making it a great time to take a trip to ...


One year ago I was ready to make the fall pilgrimage to Las Vegas with my brother Jim, the King of Komps. Unfortunately, we both were sick the day we were supposed to leave and canceled the trip at the last minute. This was disappointing since Jim was having a milestone birthday (I'm not saying which!) and we planned to celebrate at Gordon Ramsay Steak. We ended up delaying our trip until December, but the moment was lost.

Our next trip will be September 1-6. We'll be crashing at Rio our first night, then staying at Bally's the rest of the trip. We don't have a lot of solid plans so far except checking out the Caesars Palace Bacchanal Buffet and a stop at In-N-Out Burger. I will, surprise surprise, be spending many hours playing poker in my Las Vegas poker home, Bally's. I also have a sweet winning streak going at Luxor, which I hope to continue.

My trips to Las Vegas years ago used to be my way to get away from the world. I work in a job where I constantly deal with people. The old Las Vegas trips saw me being completely silent except for ordering food at restaurants. More recently I have really enjoyed connecting with people, arranging lunch and dinner meetings, searching out fellow poker players and bloggers, ...

So, if you want to meet up with me in Las Vegas this trip, let me know. People who have my cell phone number can always text me. Those who don't can send me a tweet -- @lightning36 or, in the next week or so, leave a comment on this post.

Tick ... tick ... tick ...

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lightning - would love to share a beer or some cards while you're in town.

s.i.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Only 11 days? You lucky devil -- have fun!

9:14 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@ s.i. -- Sounds good. Email me at smilingbrownbear AT netscape.net for my cell number. You could also get it from Tony, I guess.

Oh yeah -- if we play poker, underpants are optional. : o )

9:25 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

Oh, you gots my number.
I'll know soon what my work schedule is like so we can do an evening!


BAM
Tough Actin' Tanactin

10:50 PM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Are you going to see Tony? If not, "what would be the point in coming to vegas then? ud have more fun staying home."

7:52 AM  
Blogger balt999 said...

See you in 11 days

10:07 AM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Light - we used to stay at the Rio a lot until Paris became our hotel of choice. Enjoy yourself immensely!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Spot said...

Have a great time. I look forward to the tales afterward.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Team MiRketti said...

Enjoy your trip. I still have 40 days.

11:46 AM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

lets meet up. When you get to town text me.

12:10 AM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

With the amount of people who want to meet up with you I say we find someplace and have a lil low limit game for all of us? A way to have a few beers and enjoy each others company.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home