My wife was wondering if I would find it. After I got home from work and ate, I turned on the television to prepare for the Chicago Bears last preseason game. I had almost an hour before the Bears game, however, and as I surfed around my cable channels, I found it:
Strangely enough, I had never seen the play Grease
. My first exposure to it came from the movie that was released when I was in college. Although the movie is really goofy, for some reason it has had a special place in my heart. Some random Grease
1) One of my college suitemates, Greg, was an engineering student who also was a talented singer. He was in my college's choral group and would often sing their latest projects in our suite. He loved to sing the following:
"Well, she was good -- you know what I mean!"
2) I never liked Stockard Channing after seeing her portrayal of Rizzo in the movie. Totally emotional and not rational. I could not shake this even when watching The West Wing.
3) Olivia Newton John - Cute, blonde, innocent ... certainly my dream then ... maybe even now.
4) And of course, I could not fail to mention the great song and lyrics which are near and dear to me:
"You are supreme. The chicks'll cream for Greased Lightning."
5) One of my guilty pleasures: I love to watch John Travolta dance!
6) And just in case there are some other closet Grease fans out there, one last song: