Sunday, October 13, 2013

Yes, I Was The Guy Singing Tiny Dancer In My Car Yesterday


It is hard to believe that October is already almost half over. I have had some significant challenges at work and thus have had little time for poker outside of a little micro online cash games and private tournament action.

Yesterday was a day I dreaded for some time as we had a garage sale. I hate hate hate them, perhaps because my job is one of constantly dealing with and interacting with people. Worse yet, my wife was getting her hair cut during it, leaving me to deal with some of the sale myself. I heard my son was going to help, and I pretty much begged him to make sure he didn't come late.

Surprisingly, it was not as bad as I expected. No one tried to rip us off, people were nice, I had some interesting chats about sports, and there was only one pain-in-the-butt person who wanted to dicker about something that cost $1.

The money we made was likely not even worth the effort my wife expended in getting everything ready and setting it up, but hopefully that means the next one won't happen for some time. More recently we had just donated, sold on craigslist.com, or given away some of our extra stuff. I am not sure why my wife wanted to do the sale.

It was nice, however, to then have the worst of the weekend over and then enjoy the wonderful October day. As I made the drive to pick up a KFC bucket and some other items for dinner, I felt this rush of just being in the moment. Elton John's Tiny Dancer came in the radio, and it was time for the lightning solo version of the Almost Famous scene:


 Life might be far from perfect, but I hope that I continually remember to stop and smell the flowers sometimes instead of just rushing from one thing to another.
 
Count the headlights on the hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...


2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Hsggle over $1 Wow.?

5:37 PM  
Blogger cokeboy99 said...

"there was only one pain-in-the-butt person who wanted to dicker about something that cost $1"

TBC came to your garage sale??? lol

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home