Friday, November 01, 2013

The New Office

Well ... I am not in there yet. Sometime next summer I will be moving into a brand new office in a brand new building. Based on either my seniority or my position as head of my department, I have had some sweet offices for the past several years. The new digs look pretty good, even in rough condition.




As of today, I am officially in the second half of my term as director. It should all be downhill from here, right? There will be some major administrative changes in the near future, maybe even meaning that I can let someone else take over earlier. If so, I would not get the office pictured above ... but would instead get the other corner office that is also decent sized with huge windows. Yowsa!

My first office as a professional formerly belonged to a woman who was not well liked. The carpet was formed out of remnants just as a way to send a message to her. I once had an office that was a converted broom closet. Apparently, I have moved up in the world at least a bit.

9 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Lookin' good!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Top picture makes it look like the window runs into and thru the wall. That something special they do over in Illinois?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sparky, I see the perfect spot to put the refrigerator and keg along with your laptop. That way you can drink and eat your sorrows away as you lose online on JokerStars. :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

I once had an office that was a converted broom closet.

You're doing well. At the apex of my professional career my office was a broom closet which I was told would only be converted upon my next promotion.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the view! Congrats.

s.i.

11:18 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

so this is how the 1% of america works.i knew i should of went to community college.

1:07 PM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Looks good!

7:15 AM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

No more broom closets for you! The windows are great.

6:39 PM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Congrats man

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home