Sunday, February 16, 2014

Misc Poker Thoughts On A Lazy Sunday Afternoon

There is still plenty of snow on the ground in central Illinois and some nasty icy weather is on its way. Perhaps joining the part of the family that lives in Arizona would not be such a bad thing. The sun is shining, however, and spring is not too far away. But I digress.

Online poker funds and payouts

Last month I cashed out some money from Bovada. As expected, I received a check about a week later. Easy peasy -- just the way we like it!

We are now more than halfway through February. Will we really get our Full Tilt Poker money deposited in our accounts by the end of the month as previously notified? I am betting the answer is yes.

Home poker game

My home game has been held virtually every week after a long hiatus last fall, but I have been hesitant to go. The games seem to be more akin to playing slot machines than poker. A couple of weeks ago I lost a huge pot when someone called my pre-flop all in (Q-Q) with ... A-3os. Of course, the villain binked an Ace on the river. Others had called and I was good until the river. I am reminded of Daniel Negreanu and one of his more interesting WSOP moments:



 
 
Earlier this year I had, for the first time in my poker career, lent money to a fellow poker player, a guy from my home game who had busted out a few times while we were at a riverboat poker room. I had read and heard so many stories of guys getting stiffed by other players and was hoping that it wouldn't happen to me. Thankfully, I was paid back yesterday. All is good in the world.
 
Online poker activities
 
I occasionally play in some private tournaments on Bovada and Carbon Poker, then hopefully use any freeroll winnings to build up my account. It worked last month at Bovada, but the going has been slow in February. I tend to play micro pot limit Omaha, but have begun playing some Double or Nothing sit and go tournaments. It is fun to dabble in online poker, but I do not know that it will be anything more until the USA finally decides to utilize online poker and its great tax potential.
 
Next post -- something very special.


7 Comments:

Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

are u willing to enter the same DON sng on Bovada right now? if so send a text

4:54 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I didn't have much on Full Tilt, but still I'd like to get it back. It sounds like it will happen.

5:59 PM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Glad to see things are going ok with you my friend. Yeah if you were in Arizona then you could come be TBC's Taxi Service....lol

5:42 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

I don't know... I'd be careful announcing that you're an easy touch for a loan.

6:48 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Spot -- But I have this rep for being a cheap guy! Truth be told, most people who know me would probably say that I am fairly generous. This loan was a rarity.

12:26 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

loan or a stake?

8:59 AM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

On Bovada I've had a lot of success in the triple up SNGs. Then I gave it back doing super bowl prop bets.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home