Thursday, March 06, 2014

Hanging Them Up



Today was the day to finally face reality. After several seasons with my softball team, it was time to hang up the spikes. Last season I really felt like I was a liability to the team (except when they needed a substitute pitcher!), stumbling my way around second base.

There was a time many moons ago when I was playing on five softball teams one summer. That was absolutely crazy. Now, I look across the diamond to see guys who are less than 1/3 my age. A few years ago when they lowered the age for playing in the adult leagues, there were guys playing who still had peach fuzz on their faces. But dang -- could they run.

Time to decide whether or not to pursue the next step: the senior league!

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Coach said...

The mystery of the 36, solved... ;)

8:24 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

i think u r involved in a PED scandal and u r retiring to protect yr legacy

9:07 AM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Senior, Senor?

You're still a kid. Sad though that he's housed in that decrepit body.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Steve said...

You may have to give up the softball league but you could join the senior league in Poker. When I was playing Fastpitch I played in a league for guys in their 30's and we were called seniors at that time. No respect.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home