Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Very Special Graduation


Thursday evening was a very special night for the lightning family -- or for at least two of us in particular. My oldest daughter actually completed her degree requirements last December, but participated in the school's spring commencement exercise at the "request" of her father.

Years ago when my kids were very young, I learned that my school had a tradition that allowed any of the faculty, staff or administrators to present the diploma to their son or daughter at commencement if their child was graduating. I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world to do so. That day finally came. The feeling: great!

Several of my colleagues told me that they were crying. Although I thought I would be, I wasn't. I guess I was too mesmerized in seeing something I had dreamed about many years ago come true.

 
Some nights you just would not trade for anything.

7 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

how about trade for the CUBS winning the World Series? just kidding,professor.u and yr wife did a great job raising a smart kid. p.s. what is the tattoo of on her arm?

10:48 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Very nice (stealing the quote too)... ;)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Awesome! Congrats to you, Ms. lightning, and of course, daughter lightning!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Nice!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Congrats to your family!

9:10 AM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Congrats man. I think it is time to celebrate in Vegas

6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My apologies for the late comment, I have been behind in catching up on my readings. Congratulations to you and your family, I know you must be extremely proud. I will be choking back the tears when the day comes to see my children graduate, but I have several more years before that occurs.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home