Friday, May 02, 2014

R.I.P. Larry Ramos

I grew up listening to the music of The Association. I was fortunate to finally see them three years ago as part of the Happy Together Tour -- August 25, 2011, in Effingham, IL. After the concert, I wrote a review in my blog:

The Association, featuring Larry Ramos, Jim Yester, and Russ Giguere, took the stage, looking like angels that came down from heaven, dressed in their all white outfits. Although their harmonies were a bit rough at times, it was a thrill to hear classics such as Cherish, Windy, Along Comes Mary, Never My Love, and Everything That Touches You. However, they also did a kick-ass version of California Dreamin'. Yes -- the show finally started picking up!

Unfortunately, Larry Ramos passed away at the end of last month. Rest in peace.



2 Comments:

Anonymous KenP said...

OK, but... Al Feldstein has also passed away.
(Mad Magazine)
What? Me worry?
I guess!
Our youth has left us behind.

7:51 AM  
Blogger CoolDave88 said...

I was watching old clips from Smothers Brothers' Show appearances just yesterday and hadn't realized Larry R. had passed. He was quite a talent.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home