Saturday, May 31, 2014

Today's Topics: Work, The Harley Babe and Kaner

Work
Dang -- it's been two weeks since I've posted. It's not like I've been sitting around on my butt the whole time. Much of my time has been spent with the move of my department to a new building and subsequent new initiatives that we are beginning at work. Money has become tight and some part-time-workers are getting hours cut or jobs slashed. I am involved in a dispute that may have result in some significant changes at work. Overall, it doesn't seem good when one drops a bunch of f-bombs when speaking with his supervisor. They were not directed at her, of course, but at the situation. This next week might be crucial to the direction of the next few years.

The Harley Babe
This evening I was ready to work out at the fitness center but got delayed. By the time I got ready to go, there wouldn't have been enough time to get in the work out before it closed. So, wearing workout duds, I instead headed to the local Wienerschnitzel to get some chili cheese items for my daughter. While waiting, in walked a statuesque blonde Harley babe. She was tall, tan, and built like the proverbial brick shithouse. Needless to say, Rob of Rob's Vegas and Poker Blog would have approved. After she ordered, she stood next to me and said "Guess I'm waiting here with you." Of course, the scene looked absurd. I kept thinking back to that scene in Pulp Fiction after Vincent and Jules got Marvin's blood washed off them and wore Jimmie's clothes.


THE WOLF: Perfect. Perfect. We couldn't have planned this better. You guys look like... what do they look like, Jimmie?
JIMMIE: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.

Yeah -- just dorky lightning36 making small talk with a Harley babe. I asked her if she rode to Wienerschnitzel. She said "Yeah -- my bike is right outside -- the one my husband is sitting on.

Ha ha -- like she actually thought I was hitting on her?

Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.

Kaner
Game seven of the Chicago Blackhawks - L.A. Kings series is tomorrow night. No matter what happens, it seems to me that one thing has been made clear over the past few seasons: Patrick Kane is the best clutch performer in professional sports.

Kane's ability to shine on the big stage when the stakes are highest is reminiscent to one other Chicago athlete: Michael Jordan. Yes, Kane has been that good in the big moments.

I will admit that before Kane appeared to lose his immaturity, I didn't like him a whole lot and even suggested that the Hawks should trade him. To his credit, he straightened out his act and has earned the respect of hockey fans across the globe. It would not surprise me if Kane scored the winning goal tomorrow night. At least I can hope.

Time to publish this post and dream of a Hawks victory tomorrow night. As I write this, I am watching television. The show: The Big Bang Theory, of course!

Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.

9 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

do u own a members only jacket?????? that would of been the cherry on top,professor.

9:31 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I did ...

9:45 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Dropping F bombs at work? Not cool.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Since the Bruins are out it, I hope the Blackhawks win the whole shootin' match! Back to back titles would be great.

7:54 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

wear u wearing crocs too?????????

10:47 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

As far as hitting on her, she spoke to you first, and if she looks like you suggest, she would probably be disappointed if guys didn't hit on her. Also, I just watched Pulp Fiction right before I read this post. And, I can't wait for tonight's game. That is all... :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger cokeboy99 said...

I love the Blackhawks, and I Kane is my favorite player. That said, his last 2 game 7's he has no points and a -2 rating. That was last year against Detroit and 2011 against Vancouver.....Hopefully he steps it up and plays like he's capable and propels Chicago to the Stanley Cup Finals!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Zin said...

Go Spurs Go...calm down at work lighting36.

10:27 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

Maybe next year...

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home