Saturday, April 18, 2015

Heading Up North

It seems like forever since I have written a post. Work continues to drain me of energy and life. Dealing with frustrating people is such a challenge and such a waste of time.

I finally broke my poker losing streak in a very unspectacular was. At my home game last Tuesday, I booked a solid $125/hour win rate. Ummm ... make that $1.25/hour for a spectacular $5 win! I would have booked a bigger win except for running into Aces once when I connected with top pair top kicker on the flop. However, I was at least getting cards to play and occasionally hitting the flop, so no complaints here.

My oldest daughter, who completed her Associate in Arts degree a little over a year ago, had her nice grant funded position disappear (no surprise to her). She decided to return to complete her bachelor's degree, leaving me with two kids at the University of Illinois next year and with my youngest daughter beginning college at the local community college. I will finally be out of the high school business! However, money has now become a true abstraction in my life -- seemingly conceptual and not real. Nobody ever told me that this might happen.

Today, however, I will focus my attention squarely on Harrah's Joliet, where I will head to this afternoon. Cokeboy99 will also be playing there today, although he is opting to play in a tournament before hitting up the cash games, which proved so profitable my last trip.

I'll also be visiting my mother and thundering36 after my poker session is over. Now that I am signed up for a driver's safety course to get my speeding ticket taken off my record, I have become paranoid about getting another ticket. I hope that wears off soon.

Looking ahead, I will fly into Las Vegas six weeks from today. Pete P Peters will be there my entire trip, so I could end up trying that snooty Cabernet he raves about at some point. I believe that Rob will be there that week also, so I am sure there will be some good stories forthcoming from those guys and/or some of our friends who are Las Vegas locals.

Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger cokeboy99 said...

Decided to skip the tourney....lets crush the cash games and hit the Bad beat jackpot, it's 407K!!!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Stole a quote to facebook already - very true. The Vegas countdown begins...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good luck at the tables!

1:43 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

Drive it like a stole it

3:51 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

ooooooooooops drive it like u stole it ,professor

3:52 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

going to Canada??

12:10 AM  
Blogger Poker & Gambling 24/7 said...

"Work continues to drain me of energy and life. Dealing with frustrating people is such a challenge and such a waste of time."

I had not heard you took the full-time position as Tony's companion and assistant...

11:35 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

@P&G 24/7 and according to RTP one of the few ppl the STUpid Unger would b comfortable sleeping with #fifthyfew

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home