Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Dog Days


Just a short post to say that I am still alive and kicking, but just supremely busy as August is really one of the worst months of the year at work for me. The pressure the last few weeks before classes start is always a challenging time in so many ways for those of us who work in student services areas in higher education. Being the boss man has some benefits, but dealing with all the associated issues with last-minute students, frustrated parents, fatigued workers, etc is sometimes overwhelming. For several years, I used the beginning of September to go to Las Vegas to blow off some steam and relax, as well as helping to celebrate thundering36's birthday. This year, however, I will make my return to Las Vegas in the first week of October to attend a professional conference. The trip is now only two months away!

On the home front, my mother continues to struggle with her health. I will have three kids in college at once this school year, so money has just become a concept with me. I get it, it goes. At least when the kids were little the expenses were a lot less.

I did get out to play some poker with cokeboy99 a week and a half ago. He tells the story that I hate to repeat: I got my butt kicked. Fortunately, he had a good night, so there was at least one positive on the night.

I don't know when and where I will play next. I have been doing great at Harrah's Joliet, so that would seem to be a logical choice. If not for poker there, I would be sucking major wind in 2015 poker-wise.

Okay -- lunch hour is ovah. Back to work. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger The Poker Meister said...

LOL - not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow... Enjoy your lunch break. I wish for the best for your mom.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

his year, however, I will make my return to Las Vegas in the first week of October to attend a professional conference.

I've heard it's been moved to Omaha, Nebraska. Didn't they tell you?

8:47 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

sorry to hear about yr mom

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home