Saturday, April 30, 2016

Has He Reached a Milestone?


My son recently sent me back-to-back text messages that made me wonder if finally THAT day had come.

Text message 1

This great podcast I listen to where John Hodgman "judges" funny domestic disputes between people had on a kid and his mom. The kid wanted to get a motorcycle and kept making all these arguments  that were true in some regard, because he was clearly smart, but entirely missing the greater point. And misunderstanding what he deserved from his parents. Reminded me of myself in high school so much...

Text message 2

Also, when I was shopping with my girlfriend the other day, I pointed out to her where Game X Change used to be. I never thought about it until now but I didn't realize how lucky I was that you would take me there on a semi-regular basis and stand around while I tried out Gameboy games for an hour LOL.

Perhaps all those parenting hours were worth it? My oldest daughter hit that day of maturity and understanding a few years ago. Two down and one to go ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more child and one more nomadic blogger to go!

5:44 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

was thinking different milestone

12:30 PM  
Blogger seattleirish said...

I'm impressed. I don't think I REALLY began to appreciate my parents contributions until I became a parent myself.

Kudos, John. You've helped raise some very good adults.

s.i.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Iron Mike Sharpe said...

What will happen when you get that milestone text from TBC?

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home