Sunday, May 08, 2016

Las Vegas? It's Onnnnnn ...

After being busy, busy busy at work, I was finally able to carve out a week off to go to Las Vegas to get in some quality poker time. Just to even get to this stage, however, was a hassle, including having to work Saturday night for about three hours just to finish up what I couldn't get done last week.

Saturday also included getting the family together for lunch to celebrate Mothers Day before I went out of town. Nothing makes my wife happy like having all our kids together.
So ... the journey to Las Vegas today  starts with a side trip to see my Mom this morning.
Mom at 85
It is hard to believe that she made it past 90 and is now less than a half year from 91. Although I invited thundering36 to come along with me to Las Vegas, he declined to stay home with Mom. Maybe next time.

I don't have very much actually planned for this trip. I am planning to play a tournament with Flushhdraw and hope to either get some other Las Vegas friends to play in the tournament with us or perhaps get a group together to play some cash games.

I'll be staying for three nights at Harrah's -- spitting distance from the Mirage, where I have had great success my past few trips to Las Vegas -- and two nights at Gold Coast, which is comping my stay.

It looks like I have less than six hours to pack and get some sleep. I am taking my laptop along on the trip and hope to make a blog post or two if time permits. I will be using Twitter and text messaging to connect with people and have some fun.

Let the games begin!

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I am taking my laptop along on the trip and hope to make a blog post or two

Hope so! Have fun, travel safely, and good luck.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Tino said...

I love that restaurant in the Gold Coast. The Ping Pang Pong. Awesome Asian food. We just eat the apps. Best of luck on your trip!

10:46 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@MOJO -- Thanks, buddy. I hope you are preparing to make another massive score at the WSOP.

@Tino -- I went to Ping Pang Pong for the first time with my friend Alysia last February (http://lightning36.blogspot.com/2016/02/stealth-las-vegas-trip-report-part-i.html). It was great!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I ate at the Ping Pang Pong last summer for the first time. Lots of Asians eating there which is definitely a good sign.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home