Thursday, August 25, 2016

Off to Las Vegas in Less Than 24 Hours

After a truly terrible summer, I am happy to see that the new school year has started and the scent of promise and hope is in the air. Better yet, it is time for another trip to Las Vegas. Things in my life were in pretty good shape when I last visited in May. I hope this trip is the new beginning I have been needing.

Since Caesars Entertainment Corporation has pretty much left me out in the cold, I have been forced to go with the hotels and companies that still offer good deals or haven't given up on me.

I'll be getting into Las Vegas on Friday and stay two nights at Hooters. On Sunday night, my wife will join me for three nights. We'll be staying at the Gold Coast.

As with most of my trips, I have few solid plans. I might meet up with Vegas DWP and fling some cards on The Strip or maybe even Red Rock. Since Pete P. Peters rescheduled his Las Vegas trip, I was the recipient of his ticket to see Journey, the Doobie Brothers and Dave Mason on Saturday night at Mandalay Bay. Sounds like a winner to me!

Unfortunately, my private Uber driver will not be in town, forcing me to use Lyft, Uber, taxis or shuttles. One would think that she would at least arrange a private limo for me, but ...

If Tony Bigcharles is still in town, I imagine he'll blow up my phone with calls and messages. Note to Tony: Too bad you won't get off your butt and work on your bans. Most of the places I play poker are places you can't or won't go.

The Mirage has been my honey hole lately. Bally's and MGM still treat me pretty well. I even ventured to Aria last trip. I might check out the new Encore/Wynn poker room as well.

It is time for the poker gods to favor the guy from central Illinois. 

More to come ... from Las Vegas!


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the trip report.

2:58 PM  
Blogger VegasDWP said...

I haven't been to the new Wynn poker room at Encore, either.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Have fun, play hard!

5:16 PM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Enjoy yourself. The vacay is very well deserved!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rent a car, tony needs a ride to ............

9:07 PM  
Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

not sure how busy u will be. Vince would like to see u tomorrow and so would tatude before he leaves. i saw him today at the Hard rock pool

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Good luck! Looking forward to the trip report and seeing if Tony tracks you down haha

11:19 PM  
Blogger genomeboy said...

Safe travels!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Onechiquita100 said...

I left my car keys for Lightning before I left...

9:22 AM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Safe Travels, If you want Harrah's love next year. Learn video poker strategy for Double Bonus or Deuces Wild. Go to Harrah's Juliet and play 5000 tier credits of video poker. (look up on vpfree2 where best machines are) lose the $500 you should typically lose. What you gain is free rooms for year and some free play or show offers. ~$50 in reward credits. Next year you will get to repeat process but with free play to cover losses.

12:46 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

How could I pass up a $39 fare to Vegas on Tuesday?

So are we all(you, mrslightning, Tony and me) going out to Steak Tuesday evening? (We'll sneak him in.) Tony's treat, of course.

10:31 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

It looks like the dinner at Steak, which was put on hold for four years, will finally take place. I don't believe Mr. Bigcharles will be joining us.

2:17 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

If only the elusive Ms Chang were in town... *sigh*

And I can't get Uber or Lyft on my dumb phone. I feel so let down. *double sigh*

5:59 PM  
Blogger Onechiquita100 said...

Are you still in town?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home