Saturday, October 01, 2016

Brief Update


Thanks to the people who shared their wisdom on my last post either through blog comments or private communications to me via other means. This past week at work was particularly brutal. Last Sunday, I had to work to prepare my office for any students who sought counseling assistance due to a local shooting. On Tuesday night, I was working with police to track down a person whom we considered a serious self-harm risk. Needless to say, there was a lot of stress this past week.

In some ways, the recent events almost seemed to muddle my situation further. I was at the top of my game and met the challenges I needed to. At the same time, I was reminded that maybe it is time to let go of my administrative responsibilities and get back to my regular job.

I chuckled at the people who said that my decision should include the amount of poker I will be able to play. The truth is, my poker is very much impacted by my job. Before I took on these additional responsibilities several years ago, I was heading to Harrah's Horseshoe Hammond about every other weekend to play poker. I now use the weekends more for relaxation, which usually does not include the 2 1/2 hour drive to play at The Shoe.

On Sunday, however, I am heading up to the Chicago suburbs to get a better idea of how much will need to be done to begin to get rid of the junk in my Mom's house. I plan on torturing myself by watching the Bears play the Lions, and then playing some $1/2 NL at Harrah's Joliet on the way home. Ahhh ... how sweet it would be to catch some of the bad beat jackpot which is now over $600,000. Heck, even the mini bbj is almost $35,000!

I hope to be able to write a positive poker post upon my return ... if I have time, that is. I am beginning to appreciate how valuable and elusive free time can be.

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger thundering36 said...

Western Bulldogs win Australian Football League Premiership 2016 in Melbourne! And I was there. I do not want to leave!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

It's satisfying to see Footscray supporters finally being rewarded for their loyalty.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home