Sunday, January 08, 2017

Brief 2016 Year Review in Pictures - Part II

July
Celebrated 28th wedding anniversary. Time flies. 

Went to Cubs/White Sox games at Wrigley Field and The Cell with thundering36

August
Saw Paul McCartney in concert at Busch Stadium.Played poker with Iron Mike Sharpe the next day.

Back to Las Vegas. MY kind of steak dinner at Ellis Island - $8.99!

Caught playing one of dem GOOD machines

A "real" steak - Beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsay's Steak. We finally celebrate thundering36's birthday a few years later than planned. Mrs. lightning36 was here also and met TBC.

I also played some poker with VegasDWP at Caesars Palace -- link to interesting story here -- and with Tony Bigcharles at Wynn.

September
Saw the Happy Together oldies concert tour with my wife and old friends Steve and Carol

Aside from the concert, September sucked.Work ... and work ... and more work.

October
For the first time in my lifetime, the Cubbies go to the World Series!

October meant being obsessed with the MLB playoffs since the Cubs were projected to go to their first World Series since WWII! I can't even tell you what else happened that month. Nothing else really mattered.

November
The Cubs win it! I can't even describe the feeling. Simply unbelievable.

At the University of Illinois vs Iowa football game with friend Steve. It was cold!

December
Christmas with my family

Back to New Orleans! At Cafe Dumond with Mrs. lightning

Had a nice dinner at Broussard's

Finishing out the trip with a Hurricane at Pat O'Brien's

Such was my 2016. Many people are glad to see it go, and I can certainly be counted among those. The combination of losing my mother and my wife losing her job -- and some unsavory stories that go along with that -- pretty much spoiled the rest of the year. I am soooo looking forward to a great 2017!

2 Comments:

Blogger Koala said...

Some really nice pics to look back on John. I will be in Las Vegas for just over 4 weeks from 11 July 2017, with a possible side trip to Laughlin and Pheonix. Any chance you and Mrs Lightning can make to Las Vegas then?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Enjoyed the pics -- thanks.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home