Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ready for Las Vegas: January 22-27


We are in a new year, Donald Trump is waiting to be sworn in as president, the future has a lot of questions, but ... there is always Las Vegas!

This month has not been as stressful as usual at work. The beginning of a new college semester always means the transition from planning and getting everything ready to actually beginning the semester -- and for what I do, that actually means one of the less busy times of the year. It has been pretty much a tradition for me to head out to Las Vegas at the end of January or in February. But the transition was not going to be as easy this time because ... the dreaded flu virus got me.

I snuck in a session at the closest poker room (90 miles away) on Monday night. Just after I got home, I felt a pain in my gizzard. I knew right away that I caught the same thing my wife, daughter and son had. I thought I would make it as the only one in the house to escape it, but ... believe me, you do NOT want to know the gory details. I've missed two days of work and hope to return tomorrow. At least I am fortunate to have gotten sick before my trip began.

My brother, thundering36, and I will be arriving in Sin City on Sunday and will be there for five nights. It looks like I will have to miss watching the Packers/Falcons game that day, but at least I should be able to catch most of the second game should I desire.

We will be staying at The Cromwell this trip. I was originally booked at Excalibur and thought of switching to Hooters, but due mostly to the previous degenerate ways of my brother, CET gave us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Earlier on Twitter, I had posted that the 1st Annual TBC Memorial Dinner would be held Wednesday, January 25 at approximately 6:30 p.m. Surprisingly, Mr. Bigcharles is actually in Las Vegas right now and, unless the rabbit in him takes over quickly, could attend. I really thought about making a reservation somewhere, but the last time I arranged a meet up meal in Las Vegas, only a couple of people showed up. I guess I should have known that a brunch was too early for most people. 

Alysia Chang suggested the new In-N-Out at The LINQ as a place for a meet-up. Of course, she knows my FONDNESS for a double-double animal style, u see. So, if any blog readers or Twitter followers are able to show up, that would be great (said in my Lundbergh Office Space voice). I'll send out a tweet or two soon. I always look forward to meeting online people in person and reconnecting with my Las Vegas friends. Consider yourself invited on Wednesday, January 25 at 6:30 p.m. at the In-N-Out t The LINQ.

If you'd like to arrange a personal meet-up or sling some cards while I am there (current favorite rooms are Mirage, Bally's and MGM, but I am open to other places), hit me up with a private message on Twitter -- @lightning36, naturally!

I imagine this post sounds pretty scattered. I'm still woozy from the flu, but looking for increasing health by take off time.

See ya in Vegas!

7 Comments:

Blogger thundering36 said...

"but due mostly to the previous degenerate ways of my brother, CET gave us an offer we couldn't refuse."

Looks like you will need to rebook the Excalibur for yourself. I'll be staying at The Cromwell with a friend.

2:17 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I thought he was 86ed from all CET properties? Or is the new roomie female and Asian by any chance?

2:40 AM  
Blogger Koala said...

Ooooops.

2:42 AM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

I'm going to get him an orange wig and sneak him in. Make The Cromwell Great Again!

The other one I will allow to be my personal Uber driver or wheelchair pusher when I get tired of walking.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Koala said...

Happy Birthday Lightning.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Lester said...

Are you the world's oldest snowflake L36?

Just kiddin'!

Have a happy birthday!!!

Have fun in Vegas too...

2:26 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Lester -- Snowflake? I have been a moderate Republican for years, sir.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home