Wednesday, June 06, 2018

It's Been a Long Time ...


Hello out there! In the 12+ years that this blog has existed, I had never had such a large gap between original posts. Thanks to TBC for letting me make a public post of one of his private posts to help fill the gap.

In short, work had been kicking me in the butt. The office has been short staffed, leaving those of us (suckers!) who were working to carry the load. Both April and May were extremely heavy months. I felt like I was crawling to the end of this week, but for some reason (soon to see) I feel additional energy inside. Part of it is certainly that more people are back from their vacations and/or breaks. I am all caught up with my work, which is really important because next week ...


No wait -- there is not an annual meeting of the TBC Inner Circle next week. Wrong photo. Instead ...

YES!!!

I was able to secure free flights out of a local airport, so no two-hour drives at the beginning and end of the trip. I will be staying in a SUPER SECRET location my first night (u never know who to TRUST, u see), then a couple of nights at Gold Coast before finishing at Bally's. The stay will be just short of a week. I had thought of renting a car but, unless there is good reason to spend the money, I think I will pass this trip.

On my agenda: very little. I am planning to play in one tournament - a tag team event in the series at the Golden Nugget. My partner would be Rob. The pressure would be on ... who would be the one to get felted? On the other hand, a cash or some degree of success would be pretty sweet! Unless things get messed up, I also might be accompanying Flushhdraw to a medical appointment. He is being chauffeured by Stump. My idea is that Stump and I hit a bar while Flush is worked on. Only in Las Vegas, right? Outside of that, I am hoping to play at Trooper Thursday at Westgate  --  going on the assumption that the game will be on next week. I generally avoid the WSOP and all the commotion, but will likely stop by since I will be at Gold Coast next door for a couple of nights. Other than that, I will likely frequent my regular poker rooms (Bally's, Mirage, MGM, PH), but will go to others if the situation is right.

So ... yes, I am still alive and not in prison or anything. Thanks for reading!

7 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I played at a tag team at Binion's two years ago. It was fun! Good luck.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lester said...

Have fun L36 you certainly have earned the vacation time!

7:19 AM  
Blogger pokerluckbox said...

Glad to see you aren't dead or in prison.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Good luck in Vegas, sir!

5:59 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

It is unforgivable that you are in Vegas without Tony being there. You are a selfish, selfish man.

Why aren't you staying at The Cromwell or Paris? Oh yeah... :(

2:27 AM  
Blogger Tino said...

Is the Ping Pang Pow (I think that is the name)still in the Gold Coast? I love that food.

9:49 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Tino -- Yes - Ping Pang Pong is still at Gold Coast and is still an excellent place for Dim Sum.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home