Monday, May 25, 2020

Some people are just A-holes

My "baby" - the "crap car"

The latest video going around (the lady in New York who doesn't leash her dog) reminded me of something that happened to me over 13 years ago. It was just so way off kooky that I remember it today like it was yesterday. I posted about it in a blog post back in November 2006.

Just Another Tricky Day in the Life of the Lightning Man

My Saturday began with dealing with an idiot, and ended with dealing with an idiot.

(I will skip a boring poker story that comprised the first half of the blog post)

My evening situation was much worse. I had bought some ear buds for my daughter, and the buds somehow got lost between Best Buy, Meijer, and home. I thought that I might have dropped them outside Meijer, so I made a quick trip back. Couldn't find them. Then I stopped at Best Buy to see if I dropped them going out the door. Nope.

I opened my car door, and a gust of wind caught it and hit it into the car next to mine. Now ... my red Mustang convertible, while now mature, is still my baby. I hate to see it get hit, so of course I felt bad about what happened. It turned out that a guy and a girl were inside the car, and the guy was upset -- rightfully so. However, he started ragging on me about how some people just don't care about other's property, how I have a crap car (grrrr), ... you get the vibe. I had told him that I was sorry, but the wind caught it. It left a little smudge that a little spit and a wipe took care of. But no, this guy had to go on and on about the situation. I certainly do not take any shit from someone less than half my age, and I told him to grow up. He kept on and on and his girlfriend was trying to put her hand over his mouth, and I finally said, "Just grow the f*** up. Shut up." The girlfriend thought that I was talking to her and said "No one talks to me like that. Do you want me to call the police?" I said "Call the police - see what I care."

At that point, I figured it best to just leave before the situation got worse. I saw the moron whip out his cell phone and look at my license number. He apparently called 911 and told the operator that there was a hit and run at Best Buy. Do you believe the wuss?

I was driving home and got pulled over by the police! I gave my version of what happened to the officer. She checked on her radio and found out that -- oops, looks like it was not a hit and run and no damage was done to the other guy's car. She told me that since there was no damage there is no incident and this is over.

Uh ... nice use of 911. My only hope is that the responding officers gave the other guy crap about calling 911 for a stupid parking lot mishap.

So ... how was your day?????

Epilogue
I live in a university town, work in higher education, and have dealt with traditional age college students almost my entire adult life. How many that I have dealt with have been real jerks? The answer: very, very few. I deal with students straight up. I am nice and polite, but I am also direct and make sure unruly ones understand that I am not there to take their crap. I guess this is what burned me so much about this situation. As I mentioned in the post, I understood the kid getting upset. It was pretty easy to see that he likely came from a privileged family, thus thinking he could just go on and on giving me crap to impress his girlfriend. And, of course, mommy and daddy obviously paid for his nice car. As the blog title states, some people are just A-holes. 'nough said.

Thanks for reading. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Lester said...

If a guy somehow offends a woman for whatever reason and hears her say "You're making me not feel safe..." as she is going for her phone you best STFU then do an about-face and get the hell out of Dodge....

3:55 PM  
Blogger FlushhDraw said...

How you did not deck that little punk is a miracle. Well restrained, my friend as I probably would have run him over with my disability scooter lmao!!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home