Wednesday, August 11, 2021

I Can Hear Music ...

I am hoping ... really hoping that the spread of COVID over the next several months will not again result in life being basically put on hold for the next 6-12 months. One thing that I recently missed was not being able to attend any live concerts. So ... I have several concerts planned or available through the next few months. My lineup:

August
Pump Boys and Dinettes (actually a musical) - Saw it last week. Very entertaining!
Cheap Trick - I've seen these Illinois homeboys several times already.
Herman's Hermits - Been wanting to see Peter Noone for about 50 years!

September
The Monkees - Only Mike and Mickey left. Possibly a real last tour.
The Eagles - Saw them once before. On the fence on this one.
KISS - Saw KISS once before without makeup. 

October
John Fogerty - I have always wanted to see John Fogerty. Fingers crossed that this one takes place.

November
The Rolling Stones (Las Vegas) - Mad for not seeing them in Chicago. Charlie Watts is already out for the concert. He is 80 and the rest aren't far behind, so ...


Other ones in which I have less interest but will consider
The Doobie Brothers - Seen them at least two times before in Las Vegas.
Alan Parsons Live Project - Interesting. If I am bored that night ...
Styx - Seen these Illinois homeboys several times. If only they'd let Dennis DeYoung back on stage for one final tour.
Jackson Browne - Never was a huge of this great artist.
Air Supply - Just to bring back the 80's.
Christopher Cross - Welcome back to 1979!
George Thorogood & the Destroyers - Saw them once or twice before. 

Several years ago, I posted that while in Las Vegas I was deciding whether to see Air Supply or Black Sabbath as they were playing in town the same evening. I thought that my buddy PokahDave was going to have a stroke upon hearing that!

Thanks for reading!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

I hope you made the right choice and saw Black Sabbath.

9:39 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Mr Subliminal- I actually decided not to see either and played poker instead. Looking back, I should have seen Black Sabbath.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Herman's Hermits in Deadwood. They were great.

4:26 PM  
Blogger AyeCarambaPoker said...

I might be showing my age (or lack of) but I’ve only heard of 4 of those and I’ve never actually seen any of them live

We did have tickets to the Stones in 2006/7 but it was around the time my younger son was due and I didn’t end up going - I seem to recall one of the band (maybe Keith?) fell out of a tree and caused our show to be postponed which meant we weren’t able to go

One bugbear I have with live music is artists miming though - I’ve been to concerts (cough Kylie, cough Madonna, cough Beyoncé) and they’ve not sung a note all night. Mrs AC has promised me a trip to see Gaga in Vegas at some stage as she will only sing live

Have fun at all your shows

12:10 PM  
Blogger AyeCarambaPoker said...

Here’s a link to the story I mentioned - I hate remembering half of a story and have to remind myself that my memory is still working despite the abuse I give my brain with my beer intake

But I’m still at a loss to understand why a 62 year old would be up a tree in the first place!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/apr/30/arts.artsnews1

12:40 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Many of the performers listed were big in the 1980's. KISS has been accused of lip synching, but that is probably about it from my lists. Many of these concerts are in smaller venues, so no way to fake things.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home