Friday, June 23, 2023

What Have I Gotten Myself Into? I'm The New Very Josie Las Vegas Wingman?

 

"Josie's on a vacation far away
Come around and talk it over"
Your Love by The Outfield

Yes, I just got back from a week in Las Vegas. Not a particularly great week poker-wise, but it is always good to play poker with and spend time with friends. Unfortunately, some people who work don't have the same flexibility that we retired folks do. Very Josie picked out some dates for a Las Vegas vacation during the WSOP and inquired as to my availability. Hmmm ... did I really have any choice?

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
                   Calo in The Godfather

So ... come Wednesday evening June 28, the one and only Very Josie makes her return to Las Vegas in hunt of a WSOP bracelet and chump money in selected cash games. She has already stirred up a bit of a commotion by announcing  a special giveaway that she posted on Twitter. If you haven't seen it yet, check out her Twitter feed for the opportunity to win some real cashola!

"When Josie comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's the raw flame
The live wire
She prays like a roman
With her eyes on fire, oh"
Josie by Steely Dan

As for me? Well, it's not like I have never had to be a toady for one person or another over the years. Why stop now? But please -- I'm just the messenger. If you want to get on her dance card you need to contact her yourself. But just remember what Calo said about those Sicilian women.

For any of my Las Vegas friends or buddies who will be in Sin City next week, I should be hitting town by dinnertime on Wednesday. Until then ...

Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah baby let’s do this! When I’m done w you you’re gonna need a nap! Josie

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home