Sunday, September 01, 2024

Back to Las Vegas September 2-6, 2024

For many years, Labor Day signaled a few things to me. With work, it was the end of an intense period that had been going on for about a month. It was a time to get away from work and everything associated with it. It was the perfect time for a short vacation. When one of my older brothers, thundering36, moved back from Australia to the United States in 2000, it became a natural time to visit Las Vegas as thundering's birthday is right at Labor Day. Finally, an interesting chapter of my life just ended as an elderly woman I had been assisting for over a year, Sandra (I referred to her as "Eva" in my first post of 2024), passed away last Monday. I had been the last person to see her alive late the night before. She was buried on Friday. I feel like I need some time away.

I will be flying this trip, staying in my usual Las Vegas "home" (Excalibur), and hoping to see some friends while, of course, getting in several sessions of low-end no limit poker. I have been running so well at Bellagio that I will undoubtedly play a few sessions there. I also look forward to trying out the new poker room in Venetian. Outside of those plans, I will be playing it by ear. Hit me up if you want to play some poker or grab a meal/drink. I am guessing that Wednesday night might be prime time for this. I have been on the move recently, taking a trip to Las Vegas in June, another one in July, a 10-day trip to Wisconsin and Illinois at the end of July, and a trip to Napa, CA last week. Things will get even better at the end of this month as my wife and I will be taking a trip to Greece.

Viva Las Vegas -- here I come!

Thanks for reading.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home